Senior Software Engineer at Gravie
🇺🇸 United States › Minnesota › Minneapolis (Posted Feb 23 2022)
Do they allow remote work?
Remote work is possible, see the description below for more information.
Remote / Engineering /Full Time
Hi, we’re Gravie. Our mission is to improve the way people purchase and access healthcare through innovative, consumer-centric health benefit solutions that people can actually use. Our industry-changing products and services are developed and delivered by a diverse group of unique people. We encourage you to be your authentic self - we like you that way.
If you’re dreaming about how you can use an awesome tech stack to disrupt an industry, Gravie could be the place for you. AWS native since we started, we’re using functional programming with autonomous, cross-functional teams to rapidly build and evolve our systems. Gravie is at that sweet spot, checking the boxes for both excellent technology and making a huge splash in the insurance industry.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who enjoys working with both server and client side technologies and possesses a good mixture of DevOps and application development chops, has been around the block a couple of times, and would like to build forward-thinking and innovative solutions with experienced teammates.
You should have plenty of experience in building performant, easy to use, well monitored and well tested APIs, creating and maintaining robust web applications, designing efficient data flows, communicating clearly, sharing knowledge and questioning existing solutions.
· Design, develop, and deliver the services that delight Gravie’s customers
· Work towards a goal of continuous deployments. We currently deliver changes within two-week iterations culminating in a release, but understand the value of more frequent continuous delivery, and are adapting our tools and processes to support deployments as soon as changes are ready
· Work on a major ongoing architecture overhaul that affects all services, infrastructure, and supporting processes
· Regularly review other engineer’s work to maintain consistency and raise the quality of everyone on your team
· Manage the production operations of the services that your team owns, and incorporate changes into the current development to improve operations
· Demonstrate commitment to our core competencies of being authentic, curious, creative, empathetic and outcome oriented
· Solid programming background and a passion for writing code. You are eager to learn more and enjoy providing and receiving critical feedback
· Knowledge and experience with different programming paradigms such as functional programming, object oriented, and declarative programming
· Solid knowledge of key value stores, SQL, and relational databases; preferably MySQL
· Have a great understanding of the value of automated tests, and ability to implement them across the whole stack
· Solid understanding of working in Linux shells
· Ability to collaborate with designers, product owners, and other cross-functional team members
· Experience working across the full stack, from user experience, to API design, to infrastructure
· Experience with Docker and containerized environments
· Experience with Serverless technologies and AWS Lambda
· Experience with client side unidirectional data flow patterns
· Knowledge of building out pipelines using infrastructure-as-code tools such as AWS CDK
· Knowledge of the health care or health insurance industry
· Previous start up company experience
Please mention that you found the job at ClojureJobboard.com