Remote › 100% remote position (in the US)(Posted May 6 2022)
About the company Stylitics is the leading visual outfitting and styling solution for the world’s top retailers and brands. Our clients include Nike, Macy’s, Kohl’s, Revolve, Puma, Crate & Barrel, Bloomingdale’s, and dozens of others.
Founded in 2011, Stylitics uses a powerful combination of algorithms, trend data, and stylist expertise to deliver millions of on-brand outfit recommendations daily across multiple channels such as e-commerce, email, advertising, stores, and social media.
About 100 million shoppers use Stylitics content and technology on retail sites each month to find inspiration, discover new products and brands, and gain confidence in how to style their purchases.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Clojure Backend Engineer to join an exciting and expanding team who will be responsible for the design, development, and continuous improvement of the highly available and distributed services that power Stylitics’ software platform.
What you will do:
- Design, implement, and improve large scale software applications
- Write Clojure code with a focus on its legibility, maintainability and performance
- Use metrics and profiling to diagnose system bottlenecks
- Demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Review and give feedback on code changes proposed by other engineers
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
- Stay informed about tools and strategies available in and beyond the Clojure ecosystem
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Fluent with Clojure
- Eagerness and willingness to learn new technologies
- Excellent debugging, investigation, and troubleshooting skills
- Proficient in measuring and optimizing application performance at a variety of layers
- Solid experience in building distributed systems
- No fear of writing SQL (Postgres) queries, designing relational tables
- Can make informed decisions quickly and take ownership of services and applications
- Great communication and documentation skills
- Have a consistent track record of delivery
Great to haves:
- Experience in consuming, building, and supporting search engine services (Solr, Elastic Search)
- Experience with monitoring tools (Elasticstack, InfluxDB, Grafana, etc.)
- Experience with caching (Redis)
- Familiarity with Ansible
- Experience with Google Cloud (networking, logging, security, file storage, etc.) or with another cloud provider (e.g. AWS)
- Experience working on or integrating with large e-commerce sites
Our values reflect what is important to us at Stylitics and serve as the foundation in which we do business. You’ll find these represented by our team from your first interaction and onwards and we’ll look for you to do the same.
- We care deeply about delivering high quality work.
- We work to be the best partners possible.
- We get things done.
- We believe the right team matters most.
- We think like customers and act like owners.
- We relish being pioneers.
Our Benefits & Perks!
- Vision and dental insurance options that are fully covered by us!
- Medical plan coverage, with options that start at no cost to you.
- Competitive salary along with career planning for the future.
- Stock options in a company that is growing rapidly and successfully.
- Commuter benefits program.
- Company matched 401k plan to help plan for your future.
- Generous paid time off policies paired with flexible work arrangements year round and Summer Fridays,
- Work events - both virtual and in person.
- Access to Gympass - a company perk giving you access to numerous physical and mental well being benefits.
- Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. Equal Employment Opportunity has been and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Stylitics where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, religion, color, gender, national origin, age, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy and related medical conditions, veteran status, genetic information, disability or any other reason prohibited by federal, state or local law. This applies to all policies and employment practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Instructions how to apply Apply at this url: https://ClojureJobboard.com/clojure-job/dg-remote-software-engineer-backend-stylitics-remotework.html Please mention that you found the job at ClojureJobboard.com
[ job website ]